A foreigner may apply for a residency permit for a time period not exceeding 5 years, if a foreigner had purchased or is the owner of a functional immovable property (except for an undeveloped land plot) in Riga or Jurmala, or Adazi, Babite, Baldone, Carnikava, Garkalne, Ikskile, Kekava, Marupe, Olaine, Ropazi, Salaspils, Saulkrasti or Stopini Municipality, the value of which is 250 000 EUR. Or in case a foreigner had purchased or is the owner of not more than 2 functional immovable properties except for an undeveloped land plot) with a total value of 250 000 EUR outside the abovementioned administrative territories, if simultaneously:
· the foreigner has no tax debts for the immovable property,
· the amount was paid via cashless payment method,
· immovable property was purchased from a legal entity, which is a taxpayer in Latvia, or from a natural person, who is Latvian citizen or non-citizen, or who has a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia.
· cadastral value of the immovable property at the time of purchase is at least 80 000 EUR. In case the foreigner buys 2 immovable properties outside Riga or Jurmala, or in Adazi, Babite, Baldone, Carnikava, Garkalne, Ikskile, Kekava, Marupe, Olaine, Ropazi, Salaspils, Saulkrasti or Stopini Municipality, the cadastral value of each immovable property shall be at least 40 000 EUR. If the cadastral value is less than the said amount, the value or the immovable property shall be at least 250 000 EUR. In case the foreigner purchases two immovable properties, the value of each property has to be over 125 000 EUR,
· when requesting a temporary residence permit for the first time, the foreigner had paid to the state budget 5% of the value of the immovable property,
· the immovable property does not include farmland or land with forest.
Investments into Share Capital of a Company
A foreigner can get a residence permit if:
The time does not exceed 5 years, if he had made investments into a share capital of a company by increasing it, or by establishing a new company, and by paying 10 000 EUR into the state budget, as well as investments:
a. in the amount of 50 000 EUR, where not more than 50 persons are employed, with annual turnover or annual balance not exceeding 10 million EUR, the amount of taxes paid – over 40 000 EUR. Not more than 10 foreigners may apply for the residence permit, and each of them must pay a fee in the amount of 10 000 EUR to the state budget.
b. in the amount of 100 000 EUR, where more than 50 persons are employed, with annual turnover or annual balance exceeding 10 million EUR, the amount of taxes paid – over 100 000 EUR. Fee to be paid to the state budget – 10 000 EUR.
c. in the amount of 100 000 EUR to the share capital of a company with one or several subsidiary companies registered in Latvia that employ over 50 persons, with annual turnover or annual balance exceeding 10 million EUR, the amount of taxes paid – over 100 000 EUR. Fee to be paid to the state budget – 10 000 EUR.
The law also stipulates that the issued residence permit may be cancelled in case there is a tax debt (VID) exceeding 150 EUR.
28 March 2017 · ORDO GroupLatvia vs Malta. Comparison of investment attractiveness. Read more
20 February 2017 · ordo capitalPrime Global Rental Index Read more
13 February 2017 · ordo capitalMapping investment opportunities on "Rail Baltica" route Read more
08 February 2017 · Ordo Capital“Golden visa” investment inflow jumps 87.5% in 2016 Read more
03 February 2017 · Ordo CapitalLondoners flee the capital at the highest rate since 2007 Read more
30 January 2017 · ORDO CapitalTop 5 European countries with the highest investment attractiveness Read more
23 January 2017 · ORDO CapitalTop 3 gainers and top 3 loser cities in 2017. What you should know before you buy a property. Read more
18 January 2017 · ORDO Capital5 possible events that could influence European Real Estate market in 2017 Read more
17 November 2016 · Ordo AgencyResidence permit Read more
15 November 2016 · Ordo AgencySee perspective and a good return from developing student housing in Latvia Read more
11 November 2014 · Ordo AgencyInternational rating agencies have boosted Latvia's rating Read more
05 November 2014 · Rating and InvestmentRating and Investment agency has raised Latvia's credit score Read more
26 August 2014 · Ordo AgencyChanges to Getting a Residence Permit Legislation Read more